Saturday, November 16, 2013

CBS Officially Picks Up How I Met Your Dad Pilot

According to The Hollywood Reporter, CBS has officially ordered a pilot for How I Met Your Mother spin-off, How I Met Your Dad. The 20th Century Fox produced sitcom comes to us from HIMYM creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, and Up All Night creator Emily Spivey. That's a real vote of confidence. "We like what you've done for the past nine years, we want this ride to never stop, but we're going to bring in some outside help." In all fairness, Spivey does have a deal with Fox and they probably just needed to stick her somewhere.

The How I Met Your Dad creators took to Twitter to discuss their vision for the show.


For the record, Emily Spivey's Twitter is hilarious, so her addition is nothing to worry about. How I Met Your Dad will no doubt be funny, but will it actually be able to get a chance to stand on its own? Or will it forever live in the shadow of its predecessor?

No comments:

Post a Comment