Sunday, November 24, 2013

Zap2It's From Inside the Box Talks HIMYD, HIMYM 200th Episode


Zap2It blog From Inside the Box has some revealed some details about the 200th episode of How I Met Your Mother and the spin-off, How I Met Your Dad. I'm going to start with the series this blog is named after first.

According to the HIMYD article, Emily Spivey is at the center of it, and the reason Bays and Thomas want to work on it is because they're still enjoying working on How I Met Your Mother. Bays goes on to tell a story about a Cheers writer who didn't break down over the show's cancelation until a week after it wrapped and he thought of a "Norm walks into a bar" joke before realizing Norm would never walk into a bar again. Bays says that may have influenced his decision on some level. Gee, then it's totally awesome that How I Met Your Dad is a fresh story that stands on its own and HIMYM is getting a clean ending. You won't be distressed by thinking of a perfect challenge for Barney before realizing he will never say "challenge accepted" again.

I'm an equal opportunity bitch. That's a pretty stupid reason to agree to a spin-off. I mean, if Norm walked into Cheers guy had gone on to work on Frasier, he would have had the same problem. Yes, I know I forgot Frasier on my successful spin-offs list. I watched it sporadically, and it was still more often than Cheers because I was 9 when that was canceled and it came on past my bedtime. I almost forgot Daria and I actively watched that and Beavis and Butt-Head. The point is, spin-offs can work.

Anyway, How I Met Your Mother fans that wanted HIMYD to focus on Cristin Milotti and her character's journey to find Ted, you will get a taste of your dreams in the 200th episode, "How Your Mother Met Me." Yep, her journey is told in one episode. One. It took Ted nine freaking years. No wonder his kids revolted.

 

I choose to see that as canon.

No comments:

Post a Comment