Saturday, November 23, 2013

HIMYD: The Week Comes Up With 8 Alternate Spin-Offs


There's sort of a theme with my blog entries. I get that the mere existence of a How I Met Your Mother sequel means picking a side in the "let it end/9 more seasons" battle. I even get expressing that you have picked a side and why. It's just, so many are so bad at making their point. The Week is no different, proposing 8 alternate spin-offs instead of How I Met Your Dad.

I actually have to give them a C- for effort. Titles like How I Met Fox Mulder, Bluh I Bit Your Mother, and Wow! Is It Not Butter earned a few giggles from me. However, tone cost them greatly. This article had the potential to be genuinely funny, but the unnecessarily bitter tone killed it for me. Seriously, what happened to giving things a chance?

For the record, I don't automatically assume HIMYD will be brilliant. In fact, I have told friends in real life that it's a special kind of Stockholm's to deliberately throw yourself in the same trap. But I am curious, and there's no real reason to think the show will be a disaster other than it's a spin-off. I'm willing to give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment