Tuesday, November 19, 2013

EW Pop Watch Accepts the Challenge of Making How I Met Your Dad Work

Entertainment Weekly's Pop Watch not only accepts the challenge of making How I Met Your Dad work, they accept the fact that it will be a challenge. The article considers the challenges of having a fresh, new character; a new gang; and the story itself. It even makes some hilarious, yet unlikely, suggestions. The aricle is well-written, funny, and it begs discussion.

I'm not going to lie; I have been writing my own version of HIMYD for years. In some circles, that's called fanfiction. Anyway, I always envisioned the mother's best friend to be a female with qualities from both Marshall and Barney. Loyal, intelligent, passionate, classy, has a ton of money and no one knows why, and loves to party. She mostly gets her flaws from Barney, but that's what makes her endearing. Well, I made it sound like Marshall and Barney had a love child.

While How I Met Your Dad does have challenges to overcome, those challenges are not unsurmountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment